Essay Author and Title:
Brad Stone "If you Run a Red Light, Will Everyone Know?
Central Argument of the Essay:(p.348)
The central argument of the essay is the privacy a person may be aloud to have and if Criminalsearches.com is a good website to have.
My Central Claim about the nature/effectiveness of the argument in the essay:
I feel that privacy is a very important topic and this website has alot of potential for debate. I feel that author is more one sided then the other and not fair for the reader to hear both sides of the story.
This is how the author mnipulated the rhetorical appeals:
The logos appeal:
The logos appeal of the argument is the understanding and common sense that the world is changing and that people are going to be able to retrieve information about other people.
The ethos appeal:
The ethos appeal of the argument is the use of quotes from multiple people to help prove his point.
The pathos appeal:
The pathos appeal of the argument is the author using the feeling of safety since you can use the website to find out where danger might be.
My conclusion about the nature/effectiveness of the argument in the essay:
After reading the argument, i feel that Brad Stone has alot of valuable information to help prove his point, especially quotes from people who are effected by the website. I think that is a strong style of persuasion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this argument. However I'm not too sure what your main claim is that the author is making.
ReplyDelete